BadSmile's Film Journal - med korte anmeldelser han skriver når han selv føler for det

BadSmile

Kommer til å skrive litt om film jeg har sett her når jeg føler for det. Er sjelden jeg har lyst til å skrive noe om film jeg har sett, men kanskje jeg får lysten litt opp med en slik tråd.

Tror jeg skriver på engelsk slik at jeg slipper å oversette noe om jeg publiserer dem andre steder også.

Kommentarer er velkommen.

Noen (nyttige?) linker:

Anmeldelser:

20.01.2012 - Paris, Texas

21.01.2012 - Woman in the Dunes

09.02.2012 - The War Game

16.02.2012 - El espíritu de la colmena

20.02.2012 - Zemlya aka Earth

30.06.2012 - Landscape in the Mist og Eternity and a Day

Kan vel begynne med noen jeg så forrige måned samt den siste jeg så denne måneden:

Paris, Texas (1984, Wim Wenders)

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/822/paristexass.jpg

My first Wim Wenders film. From all the pictures I've seen I expected a film about a man that walks a lot. Fortunately that's only a small part of the film, there is a lot more going on in this film. First of all its a film about suppressed memories, a man that lost everything, a man the went for a long ass walk to forget everything. 2/3 of the movie we don't know what happened to the poor guy, but we find that out in a extremely well done scene near the end. A scene where he talks to his lost love for maybe 15 minutes or so. That scene itself made the whole film, one of my favorite scenes of all time.

Other than the story itself, the movie had very good cinematography and beautiful landscapes. The acting was also top notch. I loved it. 10/10

Suna no onna aka Woman in the Dunes (1964, Hiroshi Teshigahara)

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8969/womaninthedunes.jpg

About a man that was going to hunt a special kind of bug, but eventually got lost. He asked the local's to show him the way to the bus, but since it was to late for the bus they told him that he could sleep over at a woman's house. The house was down in a hole and he had to climb down a ladder to get there. The next morning the ladder was gone and the woman told him that he had to stay there for life.

The overall feeling of the movie is sensational. It's surreal, creepy and atmospheric. The story itself is pretty good, but the atmosphere was the reason I loved this film. I got the same feeling as the character, the feeling that he really was stuck there. Every time he tried to escape, something pulled him back in, or someone. The imagery was very good, I liked how they did extremely close ups to show the sand and the dryness of the skin.

Anyway, the film really stuck on me, and It's without a doubt a new favorite. 9/10

Tip: Remember to have something to drink when you watch it, I got so fucking thirsty during the film.

The War Game (1965, Peter Watkins)

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2795/thewargame.jpg

A "dockumentary" about what happens when a nuclear war starts, and the aftermath of it. You can call it a horror film if you may, because it really feels like one. The face expression on everyone looks too real, like it was real footage, its not however. Peter Watkins really knows how to make a fake documentary. The whole film feels like its an instruction video you show in schools just weeks before a real nuclear war. Good film. 8/10

El espíritu de la colmena (1973, Víctor Erice)

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1969/beehiveg.jpg

This film makes me miss my childhood. The years where everything was a mystery. Everything was new and quite wonderful. You believed everything people said, even tho it was completely unlogical. You didn't understand what was real and fake, and you didn't care. Movies you saw got planted in your brain, you re-lived the movie moments in real life. I remember almost all the scenes in my favorite childhood really well. It took me places I had never been, and never will.The film was really good, the atmosphere was astonishing. It started really down to earth but as the movie went on it drifted into the worlds of the children. A world I miss really much, and the only times I get to visit those worlds again is in my fading memories and in these films. 9/10

Zemlya aka Earth (1930, Aleksandr Dovzhenko)

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9036/eartheg.jpg

This is a strange one. I don't know how to describe it. The dialogue was really good, I loved the start where a guy talked to a dying man. Told him to tell him where he were when he died. In heaven or hell. Some parts in the movie later you could see the man trying to hear if the man said something in his grave. It was almost comical. You could clearly feel his desperation to know what happens after death. He got not answer. A strange film indeed, a whole part of the movie was a montage about bread making. It stood out from the rest of the movie, but still was connected to the story itself. The dancing scene was nothing short of just absurd, I loved it. Great visuals, great camera, everything was great. Recommended.

• 4 months later...

* Landscape in the Mist (1988, Theodoros Angelopoulos )

* Eternity and a Day (1998, Theodoros Angelopoulos )

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3218/theoq.jpg

Skjønner ikke helt hvorfor Theodoros Angelopoulos er ett såpass ukjent navn for mange (for meg inntil recently), da han uten tvil er på høyde med Tarkovsky og Bergman (osv.)

Det er noen stort med filmene hans. Drømmene om ett bedre liv, men som er alltid altfor langt unna. Landskapet som kun er en drøm i tåken. Hva er vi på vei mot og alt det der. For å ikke snakke om atmosfæren i enkelte scener. Som scenen i bilder nederst til høyre, rett og slett fantastisk. Cinematografien i filmene hans er top notch, og vel så det. Begge filmene ga meg tårer i øynene, fordi dem er så jævla vakre.

Å se på filmene hans er som å være i en begravelse og bryllup på samme tid, alt er mørkt og dystert, men samtidig så er det mye flott musikk og dans.

Ny favoritt regissør, og 2 nye favoritt filmer. (Egentlig 3, så The Weeping Meadow for en stund siden).