Gode filmsitater og god trivia

Uruloki

"In Hollywood, the cameraman light the star. In Europe, he lights the set."

- King Vidor

"Most of the pictures they make nowadays are loaded down with special effects. I couldn't do that. I quit smoking because I couldn't reload my Zippo."

- Billy Wilder

"I've often thought that there should be beauty contests for the *insides* of bodies."

- Elliot Mantle i Dead Ringers

"I was cured all right."

- Alex i Clockwork Orange

"Animators have to live life 24 times as long as we do - every 24 frames of a second."

- Darren Aronofsky

Om film:

"To please the majority is the requirement of the Planet Cinema. As far as I'm concerned, I don't make a concession to viewers, these victims of life, who think that a film is made only for their enjoyment, and who know nothing about their own existence." - Andrzej Zulawski

"...I don't like doing interviews. There is always the problem of being misquoted or, what's even worse, of being quoted exactly."

- Stanley Kubrick

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible."

- Alfred Hitchcock

"People say to me, "You make fantastic films" and I say, "No, I make documentaries."

- Derek Jarman

"Facts sometimes have a strange and bizarre power that makes their inherent truth seem unbelievable."

- Werner Herzog

"Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends."

- Woody Allen

"Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television."

- Woody Allen

S,

• 3 weeks later...

Du legger vel sikkert ikke til fortsatt (i alle fall ikke før det blir en god haug å legge til), men likevel, fant et artig Lily Tomlin-sitat. Usikker på hvilken sammenheng det kommer fra.

«I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.»

Trivia: Når representanter fra et Russisk filmselskap klagde på lengden på Stalker, ble Tarkovsky meget sint. De forklarte han at de bare prøvde å gi han publikumets synspunkt. Da utbrøt Tarkovsky: "I am only interested in the views of two people: one called Bresson and one called Bergman!" Angående lengden sa han: "the film needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts."

Mer Tarkovsky som jeg liker:

"We cannot comprehend the totality of the universe, but the poetic image is able to express that totality."

"In a word, the image is not a certain meaing, expressed by the director, but an entire world reflected as in a drop of water."

Trivia: Når representanter fra et Russisk filmselskap klagde på lengden på Stalker, ble Tarkovsky meget sint. De forklarte han at de bare prøvde å gi han publikumets synspunkt. Da utbrøt Tarkovsky: "I am only interested in the views of two people: one called Bresson and one called Bergman!" Angående lengden sa han: "the film needs to be slower and dullet at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts."

Dette er briljant!

Dessverre må jeg meddele at trivia-seksjonen er kutta ut. For mye jobb. Beklager. Men vi kan jo slenge med det Tarkovskij sa som et sitat eventuelt.

Gjør det, favoritt sitatet mitt av mannen.

Også dette da, fra dagboken hans:

"Yesterday I got drunk. And shave off my moustache. I only realized this morning. And on all my document photographs I've got a moustache. I'll have to grow it again."

Hva jobber du med forresten?

• 3 weeks later...

Sikkert for seint, men eg har lite å gjøre, er bakfull og litt for våken til å legge meg.

La Notte:

- Who wrote that?

- You did.

8 1/2:

Guido: I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest film. No lies whatsoever. I thought I had something so simple to say. Something useful to everybody. A film that could help bury forever all those dead things we carry within ourselves. Instead, I'm the one without the courage to bury anything at all. When did I go wrong? I really have nothing to say, but I want to say it all the same.

Chinatown:

Loach: What happened to your nose, Gittes? Somebody slammed a bedroom window on it?

Jake Gittes: Nope. Your wife got excited. She crossed her legs a little too quick. You understand what I mean, pal?

Ida Sessions: Are you alone?

Jake Gittes: Isn't everybody?

Malteserfalken:

Spade: I hope you're not letting yourself be influenced by the guns these pocket-edition desperadoes are waving around, because I've practiced taking guns from these boys before; so we'll have no trouble there.

Kasper Gutman: The best goodbyes are short. Adieu.

A Matter of Life and Death:

Conductor 71: One is starved for Technicolor up there.

Closer:

Dan: Everybody wants to be happy.

Larry: Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.

Larry: Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood! Go fuck yourself! You writer! You liar!

A Praire Home Companion

Dusty: Why do they call it PMS? Because Mad Cow was already taken.

Yolanda Johnson: How about just a moment of silence?

Garrison Keillor: Silence on the radio... I don't know how that works.

Garrison Keillor: The penguin joke? Two penguins are standing on an ice floe. The first penguin says, you look like you're wearing a tuxedo. The second penguin says, what makes you think I'm not?

Grizzly Man

Werner Herzog: I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility, and murder.

Garrison Keillor: The penguin joke? Two penguins are standing on an ice floe. The first penguin says, you look like you're wearing a tuxedo. The second penguin says, what makes you think I'm not?

Eg veit ikkje riktig kvifor, men denne fekk meg til å le i fleire minutt.

Sikkert for seint, men eg har lite å gjøre, er bakfull og litt for våken til å legge meg.

Er aldri for sent, alt som blir postet her blir "lagt inn der det skal brukes" fortløpende (jada, forsiden kommer snart).

• 2 weeks later...
Selv om forsiden er lansert er det bare å poste sitater her, om du kommer over noe du virkelig liker. Jeg legger ut nye sitater i dette javascriptet etter hvert som de kommer inn.

Har nettopp lest ferdig "This is Orson Welles" av Welles og Peter Bogdanovich. Hele boken er spekket av gode sitater og utsagn. Følgende snakker han til Bogdanovich om Broadway og teateret, som han elsket som ung:

Saw all the great ones, from Werner Krauss to Kachalov. This hand that touches you now once touched the hand of Sarah Bernardt, can you imagine that? When she was young, Mademoiselle Bernhardt had taken the hand of Madame George, who had been the mistress of Napoleon! It's not that the world is so small, but that history is so short. Four or five very old men could join hands and take you right back to Shakespeare.

Tenk å kunne få sitte i samme rom, drikke vin og høre Welles fortelle historier en hel kveld ahhhhhh.